Chicago Rowing Union offers 3 programs plus a learn to row program, with something for everyone. All of our programs include both women and men. Practices are held at the Dammrich Rowing Center in Skokie, IL, located at 3220 W. Oakton Street (between McCormick Blvd and the Home Depot). Need a lift? All of our programs provide options for car pools from various city neighborhoods.
- Fall and Winter Indoor Training: Typically a mix of indoor training at the Dammrich Rowing Center and classes with our partner, Iron & Oar. Details to be announced as fall approaches.
- Learn to Row: Sessions take place throughout the spring and summer. Each session consists of 8 classes, held on Saturday and Sunday mornings or Monday and Wednesday evenings. See specific times on our Learn To Row page.
- Novice: Mondays (men), Tuesdays (women), and Thursdays (all), 7-9pm, starting April 17. Novice rowers must complete a Learn to Row program (with CRU or with another organization). If interested in joining, contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Competitive: Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-7am and Saturdays 9-11am, starting April 18. Starting in June, Competitive evening practices may begin (depending on level of interest), running Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-9pm. Morning and evening Competitive rowers would row together on Saturdays 9-11am.
- Recreational: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7-9pm, starting April 18.
For more information or to register for any program, please visit our membership page.
2017 Race Schedule
- Stonewall Regatta (Washington, D.C.): Sunday, June 4
- Chicago Sprints: Saturday-Sunday, July 8-9
- USRowing Masters Nationals (Oak Ridge, TN): Thursday-Sunday, August 17-20
- Capital City Sprints (Lansing, MI): Saturday, August 19
- Milwaukee River Challenge (Milwaukee, WI): Saturday, September 16
- Head of the Rock (Rockford, IL): Sunday, October 8
- Rowtoberfest (Chicago, IL): Saturday, October 14
- Head of the Charles (Cambridge, MA): Saturday-Sunday, October 21-22
Note: additional events may be added.